I was working on step 4 with 2 guys and I gave them some thoughts on what to do right away whenever bothered or angry. They thought it was helpful and I
should put it on the site.
1) Pause immediately
2) Admit to myself I am always wrong to be angry
3) I am running the show -stop
4) I am being self centered – turn to God
5) I do the first 3 columns right away in my head
6) Name, cause, being in self which instincts are being threatened in some way
7) I ask God to help me see it from a different angle
See things differently
1) We are all God’s kids
2) Everyone has their own personality
3) Ask God to give me the same tolerance, patience, and pity as I would for a sick friend, a neighbor, everyone in the world(no exceptions)
4) If offended say this is a sick person or human being with their own personality and ask GOD how can I be helpful to them right now!
5) Ask God to save me from being angry at …… thy will be done …. note save me from my anger…..
6) Ask God to give me a kind and tolerant attitude toward ………
7) Forgive immediately – doesn’t mean I excuse them but forgive them … frees me from bondage to their actions or behavior
What are my mistakes?
1) What did I do to cause this resentment?
2) How am I seeing this wrong?
3) What character defects are involved? Look at spiritual checklist left hand side…. always inconsiderate judgmental intolerant self seeking impatient or
afraid – In my world where I think what I want matters
4) Ask God to remove these defects immediately
5) Then practice the opposite as outlined in the spiritual checklist – right
6) Make amends immediately forgive immediately
Over time,doing this process, I react differently when bothered and don’t have to become angry or resentful. Today I am responsible and can’t blame them anymore! For me, by doing this for yrs, I just stop and say getting back into self need to turn to God immediately. Need to take off the self centered glasses and put on the God centered ones. Then say the prayers, and practice love and tolerance. I don’t have to be disturbed unless I insist on it. What freedom that is!
As always welcome any thoughts or comments firstname.lastname@example.org