ENHANCE YOUR RECOVERY
RECOMMENDED BOOKS AND SPEAKERS
While we at ETBB focus on the Big Book and the program of recovery contained in it, we have found many useful books and speakers that have helped us on our journeys. Listed below is some of the useful literature and recorded meetings that we often refer to as we help ourselves and others.
Working the AA Program
- The Steps We Took by Joe McQ
- Carry This Message by Joe McQ
- Back to Basics by Wally P.
- Drop the Rock by Bill P., Todd W., Sarah S.
- 12 Step Guide: Using the AA Big Book by Herb K.
- New Light on Alcoholism by Dick B.
- 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
History of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers
- AA Comes of Age
- The James Club and the Original AA Program by Dick B.
Spirituality and Seeking God
- Sermon on the Mount by Emmett Fox
- My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers
- You Can’t Make Me Angry by Dr. Paul O.
- Love is the Greatest Thing by Henry Drummond
- The Book of James and the Sermon on the Mount from the Holy Bible
There are thousands of AA-related tapes and digital recordings of meetings and workshops available on the Internet. We primarily refer users to either XA-Speakers or Stories of Recovery. Some of the most influential and insightful we have found are listed below.
- Joe and Charlie
- Sandy B.
- Joe H.
- Dave F.
- Mark H.
- Bob D.
- Bob E.
- Father Bill W.
- Mickey B.
- Mike L. and Bill L.
- Peter M.
- Chris R.
- Jack C.
- Keith Lee
- Otto M.
- Russel S.
- Bob P.